Tobo: the HV-pulser
What does it look like?
What is it supposed to do?
The aim of this echOmod is to get the HV Pulse done.
How does it work: block diagram
About the module
- Only needs 5V and 3.3V
- Energy use : TODO
- Using any logic voltage for PulseOn and PulseOff is a pplus
- Can use the potentiometer to control the tension
- Modularity through jumpers and SMA
Takes a lot of space because of the modularity. SMA, jumpers and pots could be removed.
Little flexibility from the use of ICs.
- There's no impedance matching for the pulser to the transducer, could be better.
Constraint and limits
With and without a pulser - no impedance adaptation
Look of the schematics
Look of the actual board
Availability of HV7360
- Some issues with the availability of the
HV7360, living its end of life. The latest version of Altium and Kicad source files should show the new HV7360 CABGA.
- However, this latest should be available officially in Jan 2017.
Setting up the module
Setup? Have a look at the quick start guide on how to prepare the pulser.
On the way towards a simpler board
- Writing specs
- HV7360 has been updated
- Sending microcircuits to Edgeflex
- Agreeing on the strips/tracks
- Defining the ICs to use to pulse
- Getting schematics
- Publishing schematics
- Receive the module
- Test it with different transducers
- Publish the sources in KiCAD
- Sofian (for preparing the field with Murgen)