The acquisition heart of the echOmods
What does it look like?
What is it supposed to do?
The aim of this echOmod is to receive the signal and process it, then stream it over wifi.
How does it work: block diagram
About the module
- Building on an existing STM32, compatible with the Arduino IDE
- ADC is tough to master
Constraint and limits
- A series of work has been done on , , , . The EMW3165 gave birth to Hannin for slow speed wireless UDP streaming.
- A recap of microcontrolers has been added here
- Resources : http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?t=757&start=10
They can be found here.
They have been acquired with
nc -lu 5005 to listen to data coming from UDP port 5005, then translated in images using the CreateCSV.py script, which creates the raw data files, ready to be processed, respecting the format, and scan converted using the CreateSC.py script for a nearest neighbour scan conversion.
Locating the image
To find the IP of the board on your local network, you can type:
sudo nmap -sn 192.168.1.0/24
Boosting the ADC work
Getting to work with two onboard ADCs. Getting a relatively nice signal.
Video is here.
Later on, in december, I got it work with a breadboard phantom
In vs Out : in a nutshell
Out of the Croaker module
Following unprocessed signal,
After enveloppe detection
- Replace the work done by OneEye by Croaker - that is, pulse control.
- Get better total ADC speed with an iterleaved move
- Develop a Cletus+Croaker way of working with a gyroscope+accelerometer.
- Have Croaker generate its own AP
- Choose the platform (BBB, RPi0, STM32, ... ?) : that'll be a
Feather WICEDfor this iteration of Croaker
- Getting some images
- Getting images onto a screen
- Getting good resolution images -- see the breadboard phantom